Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Evan Burkitt <ev...@epoch.net> on 2002/02/02 05:31:44 UTC

Build w/ Solaris & gcc

Building xerces-c-src1_6_0:

I ran runConfigure -psolaris -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nsocket -rpthread and ran
the resulting makefile using GNU make. In order to compile I had to remove
the "-instances=static" switch from the g++ PLATFORM_COMPILE_OPTIONS macro
in Makefile.incl. It is a CC option, and g++ v3.01 not only doesn't
understand it, but when presented with the switch it reports a failure to
make that prevents a successful build.

-instance=static causes each module to contain its own statically-linked
template instances, preventing the sharing of them across module
boundaries. I was unable to find a corresponding switch or set of switches
for g++, and don't think there is any harm in forgoing the setting
altogether, but I would like to be sure that this won't cause some
mysterious bug that will only manifest a few days before my delivery deadline.

Has anyone got any encouraging words for me?

Thanks.

-evan