Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sebastian Lütge <s....@gmail.com> on 2011/09/23 18:59:23 UTC

Re: Update Component automatically without extending Session life

As a workaround / alternate solution to my problem of eventually terminating
a session that is kept alive by an AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior I'm
currently trying to update a TextField via JavaScript (detecting user
activity) and then passing this timestamp to wicket.
My question now is: how do I send the field's content to the server
periodically? A separate attached TimerBehavior does not submit the field.

Re: Update Component automatically without extending Session life

Posted by Dan Retzlaff <dr...@gmail.com>.
Rather than use Wicket components, can you just redirect the user to a
logout URL when your JavaScript inactivity timer expires? Each user input
could use JavaScript's clearTimeout and setTimeout functions to re-arm this
"on activity timeout" function.