Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Irene Huang <ih...@acegain.com> on 2002/02/21 22:22:01 UTC

refresh portlet?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make portlets refresh themselves?
I have jetspeed1.3a2.

Irene

Adding other Portlet action Controls

Posted by amit srivastava <am...@cisco.com>.
Current Portlet action Controls that exist on a portlet are (minimize,
maximize,  close, restore).  I would like to find out if I needed to add
other controls such as (help, or say an application launcher) to that,
where would I do that? It seems that modules.actions.controls (classes)
seem to be calling turbine classes. Would I need to modify turbine classes
in order to add these controls such turbine.modules.Action??

Re: refresh portlet?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Irene,
This is portlet specific. The RSS and WebPagePortlet can refresh their
content. Even though a portlet can refresh it's content, what the user
sees is not refreshed unless they refresh the page, i.e. click the
refresh button.  It is possible to add a refresh meta tag in the <head>
of the web page to automatically refresh the page after n seconds.  You
would set this in
<jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/vm/layouts/html/default.vm

See
/WEB-INF/http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg02963.html

Paul Spencer