Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dalys Sebastian <se...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/21 22:14:09 UTC

Using asynchronous messaging

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to configure the service side for solving the following
problem:

The server gets a request from a client which cannot be immediately processed. It has to
go to an external program to fetch information which may take a delay. Only after a
response is obtained from the external program, can a response be sent back to the
client.

How do I implement the service-side logic to solve this issue? Till now I have been using
the RPCMessageReceiver and performing only synchronous calls.

1) What's the MessageReceiver that needs to be used in these situations?
2) What must the client set in their reply-To address field? Should the client be running
a separate webservice to get back responses?
3) And when I need to return back the response to the client, how does the server invoke
it? is it as a webservice call with the To address same as the received replyTo field?
4) How must the client-side code be to get back the response? Using
sendReceiveNonBlocking?
If there is an example somewhere which can demonstrate these configurations, it would
help a lot.

Thank you,
Dalys