Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Henri van Riel <sp...@vanriel.xs4all.nl> on 2004/10/25 09:30:27 UTC

Minimal Perl.

Hello all,

I'm new to the list (and new to SpamAssassin as well), so hello to you
all!

I was wondering if I'm going to need a full install of Perl on the
machine I would like to run SA on? Perl is a bit big and I don't
like the idea of having a full set of Perl on my mailserver.

Is there a list of dependencies for SA so I only have to install what
I need for SA to run?

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
 Henri                          mailto:spamassassin@vanriel.xs4all.nl

Re: Minimal Perl.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:27:38PM -0700, Max Kanat-Alexander wrote:
> 	Is there any way to find out exactly what the standard perl deps of SA
> are? Right now we bundle perl inside one of our products in order to
> include SpamAssassin on Windows, but it accounts for 1/2 the size of the
> entire package. If we could remove any parts of standard perl, I'd be
> really happy.

Hrm.  You can check all the "use" and "require" statements.  There's also the
trial & error method.  ;)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I spaced out on lingo."         - Prof. Wills

Re: Minimal Perl.

Posted by Max Kanat-Alexander <mk...@kerio.com>.
On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 09:01, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> There is a list of dependencies in the INSTALL file, but we don't list
> dependencies which come standard with Perl.

	Is there any way to find out exactly what the standard perl deps of SA
are? Right now we bundle perl inside one of our products in order to
include SpamAssassin on Windows, but it accounts for 1/2 the size of the
entire package. If we could remove any parts of standard perl, I'd be
really happy.

	-Max

Re: Minimal Perl.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 09:30:27AM +0200, Henri van Riel wrote:
> Is there a list of dependencies for SA so I only have to install what
> I need for SA to run?

There is a list of dependencies in the INSTALL file, but we don't list
dependencies which come standard with Perl.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
If Love is Blind, Lingerie makes Great Braille!

Re: Minimal Perl.

Posted by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in>.
Some dependencies i recall are

perl-Time-HiRes_1.38-4_i386.rpm
perl-Digest-HMAC_1.01-11_noarch.rpm
perl-Digest-SHA1_2.07-1.rhfc1.dag_i386.rpm
perl-Net-DNS_0.31-3.2_noarch.rpm

Correct me if i am wrong or have missed some thing.

>Is there a list of dependencies for SA so I only have to install what
>I need for SA to run?

Rakesh B. Pal
Emergic CleanMail Team.
Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"

Netcore's New Website
http://www.netcore.co.in