Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <ma...@kgalligan.com> on 2005/11/27 19:49:19 UTC

Current date in filter resource files

During out current ant build process, we do a property filter replace
setting a version string.  During development and testing, we set the
value with a string with the current date and time.  When doing a
release build we manually supply that value.

Is there a way to get the current time or timestamp reference?

I've seen 'SNAPSHOT' replaced with some time of timestamp.  I don't
remember where (might have been m1).  If there was a way to get that, it
would be about perfect.  Otherwise, just a way to get the current time
or date as a string.  For a release build we could provide a value manually.

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin