Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2001/09/17 17:03:28 UTC

Ant1.4 requirement for tc3.3 ?

Ant1.4 is the current release of jakarta-ant, and our build works fine
except 2 warnings ( deprecation in fixcrlf ).

However, if we update the task it'll fail on ant1.3 - so my proposal
is to keep it compatible with both ant1.3 and ant1.4, and accept
the warnings if 1.4 is used.

Other opinions ? Larry ?

Costin

Re: Ant1.4 requirement for tc3.3 ?

Posted by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>.
cmanolache@yahoo.com wrote:
> Ant1.4 is the current release of jakarta-ant, and our build works fine
> except 2 warnings ( deprecation in fixcrlf ).
>
> However, if we update the task it'll fail on ant1.3 - so my proposal
> is to keep it compatible with both ant1.3 and ant1.4, and accept
> the warnings if 1.4 is used.
>
> Other opinions ? Larry ?

I assume that Ant 1.4 will work with < JDK 1.2? If not, then definitely
leave the 3.3 build Ant 1.3 compatible.

If 1.4 does work with JDK 1.1, then I would be of a mind to update the
task, eliminating the warnings, and just require 1.4. Since 3.3 hasn't
gone gold yet, it's not like we're technically changing anything out
from under anyone. If Ant 1.3 is throwing warnings, I cannot see a
compelling reason to maintain compatibility with it.

Anyway, that's just my quick thought. If most want to maintain
compatibility with Ant 1.3, I'm not going to lose sleep over it :)

- Christopher

/**
  * Pleurez, pleurez, mes yeux, et fondez vous en eau!
  * La moitiƩ de ma vie a mis l'autre au tombeau.
  *    ---Corneille
  */