Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by 耳东 <77...@qq.com> on 2016/05/16 16:25:09 UTC

Partition date column

Hi all :
      When we create the model, there is a property called partition date column, and the format the web interface shows is yyyyMMdd or yyyy-MM-dd. Can this partition date column be a timestamp like 1463406381 or 1463415185143.

     When we build the cube, there are two parameters called startTime and endTime ,and the format the instruction shows is 1388563200000 for 2014-1-1. Which column will be used to filter the data? If it use the partition date column, is there any tranformation in the kylin?

Re: Partition date column

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
> In my opinion, kylin can change the  yyyy-MM-dd and yyyyMMdd to millis.
and the cardinality is equal to the cardinality of   'yyyyMMdd'  or
yyyy-MM-dd.

Makes sense. The data format is a separate thing as to cardinality. By
rounding millis to hours to days, the column can still be low in
cardinality. I'm re-opening the JIRA 1698.

回复: Partition date column

Posted by 耳东 <77...@qq.com>.

Re: Partition date column

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.