Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> on 2013/02/01 04:43:15 UTC

Cutting a release

I have not had a lot of time to work on the class loader isolation but in light of these two problems:

WAGON-372
WAGON-383

I would say a Wagon release should be cut, and we live without the logging classloader isolation and get the release out.

I am going to do a full graph analysis on Central to see what Maven plugins actually depend on SLF4J or an implementation and if it's less than 5% I say we just live with it for now and revisit if there is a problem.

So in summary go with SLF4J simple, live without classloader isolation and get these critical SSL problems out in a released version.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt