Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "Bhatia Praveen, HCLT-Japan" <pr...@hcltech.co.jp> on 2005/05/18 14:33:47 UTC

Advice on rebuilding for small changes

Hello,
       I use forrest to document my internal reports for the management with
regular additions every week. To the get the latest additional report
generated, I think  ALL the previous reports and instructions are also going
through the documentation generation engine with the "forrest" command.
Seems unnecessary as the older .xmls didn't change.

Is there a way to say that only the newly added resource is compiled and
added to the website generation?

Regards
Praveen

Re: Advice on rebuilding for small changes

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Bhatia Praveen, HCLT-Japan wrote:
> Hello,
>        I use forrest to document my internal reports for the management with
> regular additions every week. To the get the latest additional report
> generated, I think  ALL the previous reports and instructions are also going
> through the documentation generation engine with the "forrest" command.
> Seems unnecessary as the older .xmls didn't change.
>
> Is there a way to say that only the newly added resource is compiled and
> added to the website generation?

You could use Forrest as a server, rather than the
static generation method.

--David