Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jennifer Lai <la...@lindaspaces.com> on 2005/05/20 15:07:43 UTC

setup spamassassin on Fedora 2

Hi,
   I'm setting up SpamAssassin by following the instructions on this
website,
http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/Postfix-SA-Anomy-Maildrop/
<http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/Postfix-SA-Anomy-Maildrop/>
Has anyone used the instructions on this website and setup SpamAssassin
successfully?
My server (loaded with Fedora 2) doesn't seem to have xfilter.  where
can I get it?
And, if anyone has other pointers to how to setup SpamAssassin with
Postfix on Fedora 2, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Re: setup spamassassin on Fedora 2

Posted by Mick Szucs <mi...@magma.ca>.
Kenneth Porter wrote:

>> website,
>> http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/Postfix-SA-Anomy-Maildrop/
>> <http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/Postfix-SA-Anomy-Maildrop/>
>
>    I'm setting up SpamAssassin by following the instructions on this
>
> You're using FC2, which is RPM-based, so use the SpamAssassin RPM to
> install. It comes with FC2. Use yum to install it: "yum install
> spamassassin". Same with postfix or sendmail. For bleeding-edge SA,
> check the SA website and the list archives for how to rebuild SA using
> the source RPM. (We might even have a wiki page on this.)

Latest and greatest pre-built at atrpms.net:

    http://www.atrpms.net/

Along with handy yum, apt-get and up2date config help.

Mick

Re: setup spamassassin on Fedora 2

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Friday, May 20, 2005 9:07 AM -0400 Jennifer Lai <la...@lindaspaces.com>