Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/03/02 21:21:36 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1570115 - in /tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk: ./ build.xml webapps/docs/changelog.xml

On 25/02/2014 12:17, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> Regarding the use of filesonly="true" in
> http://svn.apache.org/r1570629
>
> It is known that such setting breaks some jar scanning technologies, e.g
> https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/PLUG-949
> https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-8551
>
> I think none of those would scan Tomcat jars, so not a stopper.
> Just mentioning it to encourage testing.

I've just hit a problem with this and the ASF's Jira instance. It looks
like Jira uses Apache Felix which turns Tomcat's Servlet JAR into an
OSGI bundle somehow but the missing directories means that fails. The
result is that Jira fails to start.

I'm going to revert the filesonly change. I'll look into explicit
excludes for the empty directories.

Mark

Re: svn commit: r1570115 - in /tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk: ./ build.xml webapps/docs/changelog.xml

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> On 25/02/2014 12:17, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>
>> Regarding the use of filesonly="true" in
>> http://svn.apache.org/r1570629
>>
>> It is known that such setting breaks some jar scanning technologies, e.g
>> https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/PLUG-949
>> https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-8551
>>
>> I think none of those would scan Tomcat jars, so not a stopper.
>> Just mentioning it to encourage testing.
>

> I've just hit a problem with this and the ASF's Jira instance. It looks
> like Jira uses Apache Felix which turns Tomcat's Servlet JAR into an
> OSGI bundle somehow but the missing directories means that fails. The
> result is that Jira fails to start.
>
> I'm going to revert the filesonly change. I'll look into explicit
> excludes for the empty directories.

It looks that it is possible to restrict resource collection itself to
"files only" with resource set filtering.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/resources.html#rsel.type

I wonder whether zip task will create directory entries in this case.
Just noting. I have not experimented with this option.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko