Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Boyer <ab...@Endeca.com> on 2007/08/06 23:38:58 UTC

Assembly descriptors: excludes in filesets not excluding

I have a basic assembly descriptor like this:

<assembly>
  <id>dist</id>
  <formats>
    <format>zip</format>
    <format>tar.gz</format>
  </formats>
  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
  <fileSets>
    <fileSet>
      <directory>target/dist</directory>
      <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
      <excludes>
        <exclude>*-tests.jar</exclude>
      </excludes>
    </fileSet>
  </fileSets>
</assembly>

When I run the assembly:single target, it zips up the dist directory,
but includes the test jars.  I played with this a bit, passing in the
full test jar name, but it still included it.  I pulled down the source
code for the assembly plugin, and looked at the FileSetAssemblyPhase
object.  I didn't see any reference to excludes.  Grepping through the
source, I see that FilterUtils has a filterProject method (which is used
by ModuleSetAssemblyPhase), and a filterArtifact method (which doesn't
seem to be used.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Andrew