Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2017/01/10 10:25:44 UTC

JDK 9 EA Build 151 is available on java.net

Hi Uwe & Dawid,

Best wishes for the New Year.

Dalibor and I will be at FOSDEM '17, Brussels 4 & 5 February. Let us
know if you will be there, hopefully we can meet up !

*JDK 9 Early Access* b151 <https://jdk9.java.net/download/>  is
available on java.net

Can you confirm fixes for

 1. JDK-8171377 : Add sun.misc.Unsafe::invokeCleaner
 2. JDK-8075793 : Source incompatibility for inference using -source 7

There have been a number of fixes to bugs reported by Open Source
projects since the last availability email  :

  * JDK-8087303 : LSSerializer pretty print does not work anymore
  * JDK-8167143 :CLDR timezone parsing does not work for all locales

Other changes that maybe of interest:

  * JDK-8066474 : Remove the lib/$ARCH directory from Linux and Solaris
    images
  * JDK-8170428 : Move src.zip to JDK/lib/src.zip

*JEPs intergrated:*

  * JEP 295 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/295>: Ahead-of-Time
    Compilation has been integrated in b150.

*Schedule - Milestones since last availability email *

  * *Feature Extension Complete 22nd of December 2016*
  * *Rampdown Started 5th of January 2017
    *
      o Phases in which increasing levels of scrutiny are applied to
        incoming changes.
      o In phase 1, only P1-P3 bugs can be fixed. In phase 2 only
        showstopper bugs can be fixed.

Rgds,Rory

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 9 EA Build 151 is available on java.net

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Thanks for the updates Uwe, see you at FOSDEM.

Rgds,Rory

Posted by dalibor topic <da...@oracle.com>.

On 10.01.2017 12:09, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> interestingly the changelog of build 150 on the jdk9.java.net web site
> is incorrect, as it only shows the Jigsaw changes, not the main build
> ones. The Jigsaw changelog on the Jigsaw download page is identical!
> build 151 is fine again - but we are missing the build 150 changes web
> page which got lost).

You can use the search facility on bugs.openjdk.java.net for more fine
grained searches over publicly visible issues.

For example

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8171503?jql=project%20%3D%20JDK%20AND%20(labels%20is%20EMPTY%20or%20labels%20!%3D%20hgupdate-sync)%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%209%20AND%20%22Resolved%20In%20Build%22%20%3D%20b150

can give you an idea what kind of changes went into a specific build of
JDK 9 (b150 in this case).

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | K�hneh�fe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 M�nchen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht M�nchen, HRA 95603

Komplement�rin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Gesch�ftsf�hrer: Alexander van der Ven, Jan Schultheiss, Val Maher

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment

RE: JDK 9 EA Build 151 is available on java.net

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hallo Rory,

[...]

Otherwise building Lucene’s Javadocs is still broken, because javadoc tool crushes with an Exception. The issue is: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8157611 - I think it should be fixed before release of Java 9!

Uwe

-----

JDK 9 Early Access   <https://jdk9.java.net/download/> b151  is available on java.net

*	  <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/295> JEP 295: Ahead-of-Time Compilation has been integrated in b150.