Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Georg Schröder <we...@musikmedia.de> on 2000/10/11 11:36:15 UTC

Problems with JNIConnector under Solaris/Netscape-Server 3.61

Hi,

I am very new to Tomcat and I have the following problem:

I installed Tomcat on my SUN (Solaris 2.5.1) and compiled the nsapi_redirector.so and the jni_connect.so. Everything is fine when Tomcat is running as standalone process: I can access the servlets and JSPs via the Netscape Server.

Then I tried to run Tomcat in the webserver process (of course I followed the instructions in the "In-Process HowTo" of Gal Shachor, which is a little bit difficult because I don't use NT, so I'am not sure if everthing is correct in my conf-files). When I start Tomcat I get the following Error:

Context log: path="" Adding context path=""  docBase="webapps/ROOT"
Context log: path="/test" Add context
XmlMapper: pop Context org.apache.tomcat.core.Context: Ctx(/test,webapps/test)
Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages
Context log: path="/test" Adding context path="/test" docBase="webapps/test"
Starting tomcat install="/IS/build/tomcat" home="/IS/build/tomcat"
classPath="/IS/build/tomcat/classes:.:/IS/build/tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/IS/build/tomcat/lib/test:/IS/jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar:/IS/jdk1.2.2/:/IS/build/ant:/IS/build/tomcat"
Engine init
Context log: path="/admin"
Automatic context load docBase="/IS/build/tomcat/webapps/admin"
Context log: path="/admin" Add context
Library /IS/build/tomcat/bin/jni_connect.so loaded

FATAL:java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.JNIEndpointConnector.start(JNIEndpointConnector.java,Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java, Compiled Code)

Who can help?

Georg