Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2017/12/12 13:57:15 UTC

Order Allocation

I have a scenario where I have 2 warehouses.  I always want to ship
products from the nearest warehouse to the client.  How does ofbiz
handle order allocation of product on sales orders to a specific
warehouse.  Can we set up customers to get products from a specific
warehouse?

Thanks,

James

Re: Order Allocation

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi,

This is already been proposed under OFBIZ-6964
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6964>.
HTH.

--
*Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Commerce  by  HotWax Systems

Re: Order Allocation

Posted by Vaibhav Jain <va...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello James,

Re: Order Allocation

Posted by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi James,

IMO, OFBiz data model supports this feature but can require some custom
logic implementation over it.
You can use Geo related entities for it to find the nearest location and
set it at ship group level in the cart that leads the current logic as it
is and do reservations from nearest facility.

HTH.

--
Thanks and Regards,