Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2012/10/11 05:30:00 UTC

Demonstrating Issues for Bug Reports

I had no idea there was this handy tool.  It should help with demonstrations
of problems in AOO:

<http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HelpYourUsersRecordAndReportBugsWithTheProblemStepsRecorder.aspx>

 - Dennis

RE: Demonstrating Issues for Bug Reports

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
I'm afraid I can't reproduce the problem Maurice Howe reports.  I wonder if there is some other software that has his keyboard and mouse "hooked" and the recorder interfered with that in some way.  The only application I have running that is watching the keyboard and mouse is HyperSnap DX.  My anti-virus is Microsoft Security Essentials and it watches whatever it watches.

Here's what I did:

I'm editing this reply as HTML (though I won't post it as HTML).

I have started the recorder.
I am changing this line to be in Bold.
So far I can see in the mouse the little red circle that shows up anytime I click on anything.
I have not had any hang-ups so far.
I am removing the bold that is from "So …" to here.

I notice that there is a security symbol in the little display for the recorder control.  That reminds me: I am running as a member of the Administrator group.  I don't know if that is a factor.

I stopped the recorder successfully.
I am changing this message back to plaintext.

 - Dennis

Posted by Heh <in...@localnet.com>.
On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:49:33 -0400
"Maurice Howe" <ma...@stny.rr.com> wrote:

> [...]

  M$ can't even make stolen software work correctly on its OS.

RE: Demonstrating Issues for Bug Reports

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/11/12 5:30 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I had no idea there was this handy tool.  It should help with demonstrations
> of problems in AOO:
>
> <http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HelpYourUsersRecordAndReportBugsWithTheProblemStepsRecorder.aspx>
>
>  - Dennis

Have you tried it? The question is how to share the results? I don't
know how big the recorded reports are. But it's user friendly and can
help many end users.

Juergen