Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by ni...@ludo.tech on 2022/08/15 19:45:26 UTC

IMXRT1020-EVK hardfault on boot

Hello,

I've been wanting to try out NuttX using the MIMXRT1020-EVK. However, I get
a hardfault at boot which I haven't been able to solve by myself and would
appreciate some help to figure out if i'm doing something wrong or if there
is an issue with the configuration for this board.

I have been able to get the following information :

- Debugger is pointing at mm_initialize.c line 141 after hardfault (I've
included a picture with registers values if that's useful)

- When i enable Memory manager and Scheduler debug, I get the following logs
:

nx_start: Entry

mm_initialize: Heap: name=Umem, start=0x20201da1 size=4294959711

mm_addregion: [Umem] Region 1: base=0x20201f00 size=4294959360

I assume that size is the issue but i haven't been able to fix it myself.

If that matters : I have been using MCUXpresso IDE to flash the board and
I'm using the board is SCH-29856 REV A3

Thanks !

Nicolas

Re: IMXRT1020-EVK hardfault on boot

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
I have not tested a RT1020 lately. My board is pack becaue I am moving in a
> fey days. It will be a several weeks before I can l look at it. Possibly
> Dave Marples github @mubes can lend a hand.

In the mean time check out calls to up_allocate_heap() and arm_addregion()
in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/blob/master/arch/arm/src/imxrt/imxrt_allocateheap.c.
Note that these depend on a lot of configuration settings.  Most likely one
of the settings is incorrect in your configuration files.

RE: IMXRT1020-EVK hardfault on boot

Posted by David Sidrane <da...@nscdg.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

I have not tested a RT1020 lately. My board is pack becaue I am moving in a
fey days. It will be a several weeks before I can l look at it. Possibly
Dave Marples github @mubes can lend a hand.

David