Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2007/01/19 20:46:59 UTC

[RESULTS][VOTE] new committers

We had the following vote on the qpid private list to add 3 committers
to the project. I would like to welcome them on as committers. Robert
Godfrey , Andrew Stitcher , and Jim Meyering have all being voted onto
the project with 7 or more +1's. There where no 0, or -1 cast. All three
provided substantial contributions to the project over an extended
period of 6-8 weeks. Contributions include queue browsing, a new C++
build and tool chain, performance enhancements, working JIRA which
included new features and bug fixes in addition to helping others on the
lists. I think it is fair to say that they have a solid grasp of the
project.

Additional note:

This is the projects first new committer vote, so we did it on the
private list as a first run. The vote happened on the private list
following a discussion to make sure no one had any major concerns they'd
rather bring up privately rather than to embarrass any of the potential
committers. We should be able to conduct the vote on the dev list next
time which on of our mentors called out for us. I think we now know how
to do that without embarrassing anyone.

Welcome aboard.
Carl.

Re: [RESULTS][VOTE] new committers

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
my JIRA account is the same name as my apache account, i.e. rgodfrey

thanks,
Rob

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
This was resolved.  I had added all the new committers to Jira's
qpid-developers group, but for some reason that group no longer was
associated with the permission scheme (which I'm nearly positive I had
set up from the beginning) -- instead only individual names were
associated.

Either something changed or I'm losing my mind, but it should be all
good since I fixed this about 36 hours ago (just after Robert's post).

Cliff

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cliff,

Posted by Jim Meyering <ji...@meyering.net>.
"Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/13/07, Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:33 -0800, Cliff Schmidt wrote:
>> > I should have asked for this earlier...could the new committers each
>> > send me their Jira acct ids so I can give full access to the qpid Jira
>> > project?
>>
>> My jira acct is "astitcher"
>
> All three Jira accounts are now set up.

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your help.

I've sent several messages to root@apache.org since the first on 2 Feb, and
am still waiting for a password.  Is there anything else I should do, now?

Jim

Re: [RESULTS][VOTE] new committers

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:33 -0800, Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> I should have asked for this earlier...could the new committers each
> send me their Jira acct ids so I can give full access to the qpid Jira
> project?

My jira acct is "astitcher"

Thanks

Andrew

Re: [RESULTS][VOTE] new committers

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
On 1/19/07, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> We had the following vote on the qpid private list to add 3 committers
> to the project. I would like to welcome them on as committers. Robert
> Godfrey , Andrew Stitcher , and Jim Meyering have all being voted onto
> the project with 7 or more +1's. There where no 0, or -1 cast. All three
> provided substantial contributions to the project over an extended
> period of 6-8 weeks. Contributions include queue browsing, a new C++
> build and tool chain, performance enhancements, working JIRA which
> included new features and bug fixes in addition to helping others on the
> lists. I think it is fair to say that they have a solid grasp of the
> project.

Congrats to Robert, Andrew, and Jim!

Each of you should now do a few things to get you started:
1. Read, sign, and send in (either by fax or by email to legal-archive
at a.o) an Individual CLA.
2. Ask your employer to sign a Corporate CLA.  If they have already
done so, ask them to send in an update with your name added.

(both CLAs can be found at http://www.apache.org/licenses/)

3. Send me a few pieces of info (you can send it to me privately, if
you want to avoid the possibility of spam harvesting of your email
address on this list's archive):

- Your preferred user id, making sure it is not already taken (see
http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html).
- Your full name, as listed on the CLA
- Your email address, as listed on the CLA.
- Confirmation that you have already sent in your CLA, and see it
reflected in the list at
http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas.

Once I receive all of this, I will send an account creation request,
according to http://apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter.

Note that any PPMC member could do what I've mentioned above, but I
thought I should at least do it the first time, and anyone who wants
to volunteer can take care of it for future new committers.

Finally, after the accounts have been created, the new account needs
to be given karma to the qpid svn repository and Jira project (if not
already done by then).  Karma to svn requires the PMC chair (which
would be Noel) or any other officer.  Since I happen to be an officer
(as the Legal guy), I can also take care of this part too.

Cliff