Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Phil Scala <Ph...@globalrelay.net> on 2015/08/10 13:16:41 UTC

Spooling director source with compressed (zip, gzip) text files

I was starting to give some thought about how to spool a set of compressed files using the spooling directory source.  At the moment I unzip them in a staging script, but maybe it would be better do that in flume.   The files are compressed using zip, gzip etc and contain 1 or more text files within.  Does anyone have any thoughts on if out of the box would be possible with flume 1.5.0.1 or higher?  I am thinking that I could need to create a custom EventDeserializer on the spooling source that would do the decompression.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
  Phil

Re: Spooling director source with compressed (zip, gzip) text files

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Related JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-2459

Patches are welcome :)

--