Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Scott Roberts <sc...@jhu.edu> on 2012/02/17 07:20:54 UTC

"# Online Tablet Servers" highlighted in red

All,

On the master status page (e.g. http://localhost:50095/master), the # of online tablet servers is highlighted in red, e.g. 6.  The # of total tablet servers shows as 1.  What is the significance of the red highlight?

Thank you.

Re: "# Online Tablet Servers" highlighted in red

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
It is unexpected that you would have 6 tablet servers when conf/slaves
contains 1 entry.  Add the names or addresses of the other nodes to
conf/slaves and it will not be red.

With elastic computing, it's possible to have a nice dynamic system, where
you can add nodes or remove them as needed.  Unfortunately, we would also
like to alert when there are too many or two few nodes.  Presently, we are
using conf/slaves for the count of expected number of nodes.

-Eric