Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Svenne Krap <sv...@krap.dk> on 2004/10/28 14:40:40 UTC

Help. Wrong BerkDB version -> can access repos

Hi all.

I'm running svn 1.1.0 on Gentoo Linux both CLI and through Apache2.

My trouble is, that the automatic update system (portage) has replace
BerkDB v4.1 with v.4.2...

Now the apache goes "500 Internal Server Error" and the CLI barfs
"svnlook tree .
svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem db:
Invalid argument
svn: bdb: Program version 4.2 doesn't match environment version"

Any easy way to recover the data from the repos (I would personally like
not to have to downgrade BerkDB).

Thank's in advance

Svenne

Re: Help. Wrong BerkDB version -> can access repos

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Oct 28, 2004, at 9:40 AM, Svenne Krap wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm running svn 1.1.0 on Gentoo Linux both CLI and through Apache2.
>
> My trouble is, that the automatic update system (portage) has replace
> BerkDB v4.1 with v.4.2...
>
> Now the apache goes "500 Internal Server Error" and the CLI barfs
> "svnlook tree .
> svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem db:
> Invalid argument
> svn: bdb: Program version 4.2 doesn't match environment version"

To upgrade a BDB 4.1 database to BDB 4.2, just run recovery on it:

    $ svnadmin recover repos

This is assuming, of course, that all of your svn binaries and
libraries are linked to BDB 4.2 now.  Use 'ldd' to verify that.