Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2007/10/01 10:44:05 UTC

Re: Botnet 0.8 Plugin is available (FINALLY!!!)

On 28.09.07 14:52, Jerry Durand wrote:
> Our mail server is on a dynamic business line, so we send through our
> ISPs AUTH port (and have this listed in SPF).  We still get bounced
> mail from some servers that are scanning all the headers against
> things like the Zen list.  For a while, Internic was bouncing mailing
> list digests that had posts from anyone with a dynamic address, seems
> they were scanning the body of the message, too!

Does your provider puth AUTH information into message headers? If so, those
servers are certainly broken. ZEN containt IPs like dynamic that are not
suppoded to send mail directly, but through their SMTP server. (they are in
PBL which is subset of ZEN). The header check should stop at such headers.
SA does do that

- Holmes, what kind of school did you study to be a detective?
- Elementary, Watson.

Re: Botnet 0.8 Plugin is available (FINALLY!!!)

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Jerry Durand wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 10:44 +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>
>> Does your provider puth AUTH information into message headers? If so,
>> those
>> servers are certainly broken. ZEN containt IPs like dynamic that are
>> not
>> suppoded to send mail directly, but through their SMTP server. (they
>> are in
>> PBL which is subset of ZEN). The header check should stop at such
>> headers.
>> SA does do that
>>

> It should, but check the headers on this message (since you'll get a
> private copy from the reply-to-all).
>
> If I have something set wrong, let me know as I have to move the server
> over to our new Ubuntu system and that would be a good time to fix it.

Your provider does include an auth token... ESMTPA.

Daryl

  by vms044.mailsrvcs.net (Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-6.01
(built Apr
  3 2006)) with ESMTPA id <0J...@vms044.mailsrvcs.net> for
  users@spamassassin.apache.org; Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:23:03 -0500 (CDT)

Re: Botnet 0.8 Plugin is available (FINALLY!!!)

Posted by Jerry Durand <jd...@interstellar.com>.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
Los Gatos, California, USA, www.interstellar.com

Re: Botnet 0.8 Plugin is available (FINALLY!!!)

Posted by Jerry Durand <jd...@interstellar.com>.
Well that didn't totally work, I received a 550 from fantomas.sk.  If anyone is willing to check my headers off-list, contact me with a private e-mail.

I'd like to make sure I have the new system set up right before I add some more domains to it.

Thanks.