Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu> on 2004/10/12 04:04:19 UTC

Invalid response tests

Hello All,

I've been starting to refactor some of the webapp test and have come
upon a bit of a problem.  I'm not terribly familiar with the
SimpleHttpServer setup so perhaps there is "simple" solution that is
eluding me.  The problem is that sending invalid responses can be quite
difficult.  Specifically I'm trying to send a response with content but
no content length.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Mike

Re: Invalid response tests

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Ah, I see.  Thanks for the pointer.

Mike

Re: Invalid response tests

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 04:04, Michael Becke wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been starting to refactor some of the webapp test and have come
> upon a bit of a problem.  I'm not terribly familiar with the
> SimpleHttpServer setup so perhaps there is "simple" solution that is
> eluding me.  The problem is that sending invalid responses can be quite
> difficult.  Specifically I'm trying to send a response with content but
> no content length.  Is there an easy way to do this?
>
> Mike

Mike,

HttpRequestHandler provides direct access to SimpleHttpServerConnection,
which should be sufficient to simulate pretty much any type of malformed

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/xref-test/org/apache/commons/httpclient/server/HttpRequestHandler.html

You may want to take a look at TestBadContentLength as an example of
using HttpRequestHandler

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/3.0/xref-test/org/apache/commons/httpclient/TestBadContentLength.html

Oleg