Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "James, Stuart" <st...@cazenove.com> on 2001/08/07 18:49:13 UTC

jsp:plugin

Hi,

Can Anybody out there help.... the issue relates to the JSP:plugin feature.

I want access the applet from a client side script,

	<APPLET name=myApplet
	        code="MyApplet.class"
	        codebase="/test"
            	        width=350
	                    height=200
            	        alt="not working">
	</APPLET>

This applet code allows me to access the object in a script as such,

<script for=window event=onload>
	myApplet.InvokeMethod("aparameter");
</script>

The problem occurs if I change the code to use the new jsp:plugin mechanism,

	<jsp:plugin name=myApplet
			type="applet"
			code="MyApplet.class"
			codebase="/test"
		            width="350"
		            height="200">
	</jsp:plugin>

While the applet is still downloaded, the object can not be accessed via a
script. (vbscript or jscript). Looking at the html generated the name
parameter is ignored.

Thanks to anyone who can assist.

Stuart James.

Email Disclaimer

This communication is for the attention of the
named recipient only and should not be passed
on to any other person. Information relating to
any company or security, is for information
purposes only and should not be interpreted as
a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
The information on which this communication is based
has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change
without notice.  All e-mail messages, and associated attachments,
are subject to interception and monitoring for lawful business purposes.

Re: jsp:plugin

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.
In XML you need to put attribute values within quotes:
Try

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, James, Stuart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can Anybody out there help.... the issue relates to the JSP:plugin feature.
>
> I want access the applet from a client side script,
>
> 	<APPLET name=myApplet
> 	        code="MyApplet.class"
> 	        codebase="/test"
>             	        width=350
> 	                    height=200
>             	        alt="not working">
> 	</APPLET>
>
> This applet code allows me to access the object in a script as such,
>
> <script for=window event=onload>
> 	myApplet.InvokeMethod("aparameter");
> </script>
>
> The problem occurs if I change the code to use the new jsp:plugin mechanism,
>
> 	<jsp:plugin name=myApplet
> 			type="applet"
> 			code="MyApplet.class"
> 			codebase="/test"
> 		            width="350"
> 		            height="200">
> 	</jsp:plugin>
>
> While the applet is still downloaded, the object can not be accessed via a
> script. (vbscript or jscript). Looking at the html generated the name
> parameter is ignored.
>
> Thanks to anyone who can assist.
>
> Stuart James.

> Email Disclaimer
>
> This communication is for the attention of the
> named recipient only and should not be passed
> on to any other person. Information relating to
> any company or security, is for information
> purposes only and should not be interpreted as
> a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security.
> The information on which this communication is based
> has been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable,
> but we do not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
> All expressions of opinion are subject to change
> without notice.  All e-mail messages, and associated attachments,
> are subject to interception and monitoring for lawful business purposes.

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/