Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Agoston Bejo <be...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/07 12:26:33 UTC

Parametrizing directory names in an archetype

Hello!

The question ist the following: can I somehow achieve that directory names in the project generated with the archetype are passed as parameters? I'm talking about something like this:

In the archetype:
resources/archetype-resources/src/test/java/$param1/App.java

Then you could generate your project like
mvn archetype:generate ... -Dparam1=serverutils

and you would end up having a directory + file like
src/test/java/serverutils/App.java

Is that possible with the archetype plug-in?

Thanks,
Agoston

Re: Parametrizing directory names in an archetype

Posted by stug23 <pa...@gmail.com>.
The 2.0-alpha-4 archetype plugin can do this for filenames -- I haven't tried
it with directory names, however this definitely works for sub module
directories so I think it will work in the general case.

The syntax for your example is (double underscore before and after the
property name):

resources/archetype-resources/src/test/java/__param1__/App.java

And you will need to use this in the meta data file as well.

For more info see

<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/examples/create-multi-module-project.html>

and

<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-191>