Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Phil Beiler <ph...@beilers.com> on 2008/09/20 02:57:27 UTC

IvyDE 2.0.0.alpha1 and HTTP Authentication?

I hope this is not an obvious problem, I have tried to search for
similar problems, but came up empty.

I have the 2.0 beta 2 working over SLL against a password protected
subversion server from Ant; no problem.  Unfortunately, I can't find any
way to enter the credentials for the remote server using IvyDE. The
preferences panel seem pretty sparse.

I know it is hitting the server, it reports back a 401 error...

What am I missing?  Thanks. Phil

Re: IvyDE 2.0.0.alpha1 and HTTP Authentication?

Posted by Phil Beiler <ph...@beilers.com>.
Thanks for the response... I don't know why it seems to work today, just
as you said... Eclipse popped up a window... (Ganymede J2EE bundle)
I'm not exactly sure what I did different, other than restarting
Eclipse.

One thing that is not very nice... When you start Eclipse, while the
splash screen is still loading. an error message window pop ups up,
titled "Bad IvySetting found".  The message says that the server
responded with a 401 error.  If you go into the project and right click
on the "ivy.xml" file and click refresh or resolve, Eclipse will pop up
a window to enter your user id and password.

I wish that I could enter the user id and password on the Ivy
preferences screen, letting Eclipse manage the password... not being
required to manually enter them, and possibly avoiding the "error"
window on start up.

Thanks again. Phil

Just an FYI, the ant task is a little less magical.... there is no pop
up window from ant.

	<target name="z" depends="init.ivy" description="--> retreive
dependencies with ivy">
		<ivy:settings url="https://host/svn/ivy-repo/ivysettings.xml">
			<credentials host="host" realm="realm" username="user"
passwd="passwd" />
		</ivy:settings>
		<ivy:retrieve file="ivy.xml"  />
	</target>