Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 02:51:45 UTC

Please deploy SNAPSHOT JARs after bumping up the version number.

Hi,

I get dependency errors whenever someone bumps up the version number (
1.1-SNAPSHOT -> 1.5-SNAPSHOT this time).  I can run mvn install by myself
first, but it's never user friendly.  Please deploy the JARs when you made
an important change to artifacts.  This issue was pointed out long ago, but
it seems like nobody has a concern on it.  I sometimes want to check the
change I've made is fine quickly, but it fails after I run svn up simply
because of the dependency problem.  I know it takes quite a long time to
deploy those JARs, but it has to be done by someone.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: Please deploy SNAPSHOT JARs after bumping up the version number.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get dependency errors whenever someone bumps up the version number
> (1.1-SNAPSHOT -> 1.5-SNAPSHOT this time).  I can run mvn install by
> myself first, but it's never user friendly.  Please deploy the JARs when
> you made an important change to artifacts.  This issue was pointed out
> long ago, but it seems like nobody has a concern on it.  I sometimes
> want to check the change I've made is fine quickly, but it fails after I
> run svn up simply because of the dependency problem.  I know it takes
> quite a long time to deploy those JARs, but it has to be done by someone.

My bad I thought I had deployed it but forgot.  Sorry about this.

Alex