Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Gerard Maas <ge...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/14 16:47:50 UTC

Re: Skipping Bad Records in Spark

You can combine map and filter in one operation using
collect(PartialFunction)  [1]

val cleanData = rawData.collect{case x  if (condition(x)) f(x) }

[1] **Not to be confused with the parameterless rdd.collect() that triggers
computations and delivers the results to the driver! **

PS: use the user@spark.apache.org for this kind of API usage discussion.
dev is mainly to discuss Spark internals.