Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Gomathivinayagam Muthuvinayagam <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/12 00:55:43 UTC

How to checkout source code of specific version of hbase.

I am trying to make few changes to the specific version of hbase. Is there
an easy way to checkout that from github?

Also does master correspond to stable version? Is there any link that
describes about this?

Thanks & Regards,

Re: How to checkout source code of specific version of hbase.

Posted by Gomathivinayagam Muthuvinayagam <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, actually it is supposed to be a small patch, and since I added
the protocolbuf generated classes, I think it looks big. I think can I skip
the generated classes?
I will submit for a review in reviewboard.

Thanks & Regards,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
This is a big patch.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
For the first/initial patch, a diff against master attached to the issue
would be fine. If the changes are reviewed and are acceptable, then you and
we would look at back porting the changes to other branches, at which point
in time helping us out with branch specific patches could be helpful. ​

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: How to checkout source code of specific version of hbase.

Posted by Gomathivinayagam Muthuvinayagam <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.