Posted to commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/11/04 10:31:23 UTC

[Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForNovember2009" by SimonPepping

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.

The "StatusReports/StatusReportForNovember2009" page has been changed by SimonPepping.
The comment on this change is: Next status report, to be submitted to the ASF board on 11 November.
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForNovember2009

New page:
'''General Comments'''

There are no issues that require Board attention.

-----

'''XML Graphics Commons'''

No releases, no major changes, just a few improvements and fixes in various components.

'''Batik'''

One of the three committers has taken a break from Batik development for a few months to finish university studies. This leaves one committer and one active contributor to answer queries on the mailing list. A new release, consolidating bug fixes and small improvements, would be good, but due to lack of committer time, no release was made.

'''Fop'''

A new release is overdue, but due to lack of committer time, no release was made.

Vincent finished his temporary solution to enable changing page widths in a page sequence. Vincent also finished work to add accessibility to the PDF files created by FOP. This work was started by Jost Klopfstein, and earlier worked on by Jeremias.

Two developers expressed serious interest in participating in FOP's development. One of them was explicitly backed by his company's management, which is a good thing in itself. In the ensuing discussion that company turned out to have expertise in non-Western scripts, which could enhance FOP's coverage of such scripts. We would be very happy if this would give us two new committers.

Re: Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForNovember2009"

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.
Thanks for your reply. I submitted the report unchanged.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForNovember2009"

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Thanks for writing this up, Simon, and sorry for the late reply. I don't
have anything to add. Thanks also for the statistics. It's interesting
to keep an eye on this.

On 04.11.2009 10:38:48 Simon Pepping wrote:
> It is time to prepare a report for the ASF board again. Please, add
> your thoughts. I will finalize and submit this report in a week from
> now, on Wednesday 11 November during the morning (W-Europe).
>
> I listed the main additions to FOP. I am not sure whether this should
> be part of the board report, although it does not hurt. Such an
> overview is more for ourselves to see what we accomplished in the last
> quarter.
>
> Note that I mentioned the desirability of a release for both Batik and
> FOP (and for xmlgraphics-commons by dependency).
>
> In addition some statistics (in parentheses the numbers of last quarter):
>
> xmlgraphics commits: 9 (14), see http://www.svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?from=20090801&to=20091031&path=%2Fxmlgraphics%2Fcommons
> fop commits: 131 (84), see http://www.svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?from=20090801&to=20091031&path=%2Fxmlgraphics%2Ffop
> batik commits: 2 (5), see http://www.svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?from=20090801&to=20091031&path=%2Fxmlgraphics%2Fbatik
>
> general: 34 (48)
> fop-dev: 486 (311)
> fop-users: 555 (610)
> batik-dev: 71 (112)
> batik-users: 199 (243)
>
> Regards, Simon
>
> On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:31:23AM -0000, Apache Wiki wrote:
> > Dear Wiki user,
> >
> > You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.
> >
> > The "StatusReports/StatusReportForNovember2009" page has been changed by SimonPepping.
> > The comment on this change is: Next status report, to be submitted to the ASF board on 11 November.
> > http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForNovember2009
>
> --
> Simon Pepping
> home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForNovember2009"

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu>.