Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Suresh Babu Koya <sk...@quark.co.in> on 2002/08/20 16:32:36 UTC

Hi all,

   Why does Ant try to load resources again and again. Here is the the Debug
info of the ant script that I have executed. Though the resources are loaded
  the script fails bcoz ant tries to see something that doesnt exist....

If u see the info it is pretty evident from  the messages below. I am using
Ant 1.5. Is this a bug or I am wrong somewhere....

Finding class com.quark.dit.common.error.QTCustomError
Class com.dit.common.error.QTCustomError loaded from ant loader
Class java.util.Locale loaded from parent loader
Class java.lang.StringBuffer loaded from parent loader
Class java.lang.String loaded from parent loader
Finding class com.quark.dit.common.error.QTEngineErrors
ResourceStream for com/dit/common/error/QTEngineErrors.properties loaded
from ant loader
Finding class com.quark.dit.common.error.QTEngineErrors_en
Couldn't load ResourceStream for
com/quark/dit/common/error/QTEngineErrors_en.properties
Finding class com.dit.common.error.QTEngineErrors_en_US
Couldn't load ResourceStream for
com/dit/common/error/QTEngineErrors_en_US.properties
Finding class CreateMap
ResourceStream for CreateMap.properties loaded from ant loader
Finding class CreateMap_en
Couldn't load ResourceStream for CreateMap_en.properties

Re: loading resources repeatedly

Posted by Ken Gentle <j....@acm.org>.
That's no bug -- It's a Feature! A feature of Java Resource Bundles to be
exact.

Without looking at the implementation, that trace you send is indicative of
use of a ResourceBundle, which will do a search for a locale specific
bundle first, before defaulting to the the "generic" one.

If Ant is failing, it is most likely because the resource bundles aren't
available in the classpath.