Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by raspunk <ra...@email.it> on 2005/10/30 11:57:06 UTC

reasearch performance

hello
i am trying xindice as a possible solution for the storage of a
dictionary, in xml format. my problem is that queries (the most
important issue) are very slow, on my system (cpu G4 1,2 GHz) any
queries takes about 30 second, that is a lot. i have tried with the use
of indexes, and that helpes some queries, but there are some others (in
the form of /somepath[contains(.,'term')] that don't benefit from
indexes. there is any way to improve speed of these ones? o have tried
also to split my documents (that were around 200 Kb each) in many
smaller ones of 4 Kb each, but performance are even worst.
there is any evaluation of speed of queries of xindice avalaible?
thank you
filippo galgani