Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dylan Stamat <dy...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/15 03:58:07 UTC

Local Repository Issue

I'm having problems getting Maven (1.0.2) to find .JAR files in my local
repository. Basic problem, but I can't get it to work for the life of me.
Here is my setup:

My repository is in the default location (/.maven/repository/), and I added
a path to a j2ee .JAR I placed in this directory... ie:
/.maven/repository/j2ee/jars/j2ee-1.4.jar

Here is my dependency entry in the project.xml. I even tried using the <jar>
tag to explicitly name the file, with no luck:

<dependency>
<groupId>j2ee</groupId>
<artifactId>j2ee</artifactId>
<version>1.4</version>
<type>jar</type>
<jar>j2ee-1.4.jar</jar>
</dependency>

I'm running: "maven -0 jar:jar", and I get the following error:
"The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:
j2ee-1.4.jar"

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks !
==
Dylan

Re: Local Repository Issue

Posted by Josh <pa...@gmail.com>.
Try adding the line:

maven.repo.local=[path to local repository]

to your build.properties file.  I had the same problem (Maven 1.0.2
wasn't finding JARs in a repository in the default location). Btw.
what OS are you working in?  I'm using Fedora.

Josh

Re: Local Repository Issue

Posted by Dennis Geurts <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dylan,