Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by harbhanu <ha...@huawei.com> on 2008/04/23 12:05:51 UTC

Using logger !

Hi,

As per the documentation for CXF, incase the logger is associated with the
SEI , using annotations, it enables logging for both client-server.

Otherwise if it's done only for SEI Implementation, then it enable only
server side logging.

But to my surprise, once I have specified the handler to console in
"logging. Properties" file it logs for both client and server.

For server there is a visible difference when I associate logging
interceptors, but there is NO change for client.

Does it mean that specifying "loggin.properties" file by itself enables some
amount of logging??

I think there are some subtle points regarding logging that I am missing.
Any comments ?

Thanks N Regards,

Harbhanu

PS: I have tried this for code generated using Wsdl2Java and executed using
the generated build.xml

RE: Using logger !

Posted by Per Olesen <po...@nordija.com>.
Hi Harbhanu,

Previously, I have done some investigation on cxf logging myself, and have
documented it here:

http://www.techper.net/2008/01/30/viewing-inbound-and-outbound-messages-in-cxf/
http://www.techper.net/2008/01/30/configuring-cxf-logging-to-go-through-log4j/
http://www.techper.net/2008/02/28/making-cxf-log-runtimeexceptions-from-server-implementations/

Maybe the information on the links can help you. I have no information
about the interceptor annotations, but on how to spring-configure the
interceptors and enable the correct logging levels.

Hope it can be of any help!

/Per

--
Per Olesen @ Nordija A/S - www.nordija.com - main#: +45 70 20 25 10