Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org> on 2006/01/24 21:11:38 UTC

Using SVN to copy to update /www/portals.apache.org/wsrp4j

I noticed that some apache projects, like incubator, use svn to update their files in /www.  Assume we keep our generated web files in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/wsrp4j/site , then to udoate /www, just
  cd /www/portals.apache.org/wsrp4j
  svn update

Obviously, you need to be logged into people.apache.org.

Also, to seed the directory first, one would have to do a svn co initially.

WDOT?
--
Julie MacNaught
IBM Research

Re: Using SVN to copy to update /www/portals.apache.org/wsrp4j

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> What about putting the whole portals.apache.org site including all
> projects at one place, like svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/site/live
> and then we have a wsrp4j subdirectory there. So updating the *whole*
> portals site is just an svn up at www/portals.apache.org.
>
> Carsten

+1

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Julie MacNaught wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> General +1, apart from the fact that current our sources for the site
>> are stored https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/wsrp4j/site. So we
>> either have to move the sources or use a different dir for the build site.
>>
>> Carsten
>>
> The sources are stored at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/wsrp4j/trunk/site (note *trunk* in the path) and the generated files are at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/wsrp4j/site (no trunk).

Ups, yepp, you're right - sorry.

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: Using SVN to copy to update /www/portals.apache.org/wsrp4j

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.