Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ya...@bloglines.com on 2005/06/07 00:02:41 UTC

Calculating idf across multiple indexes

Hi,

Due to the size of my index, I need to break it into several different
segments.  I have a service that gets a query from the user and contacts each
index searcher service asynchronously and waits for the results.  The results
are then collated and returned to the user.

The problem is that the idf
isn't being calculated correctly because each index searcher service doesn't
know the total document frequency for each term.  How are others working around
this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Calculating idf across multiple indexes

Posted by Daniel Naber <lu...@danielnaber.de>.
On Tuesday 07 June 2005 00:02, yahootintin.11533894@bloglines.com wrote:

>  How are others working around
> this issue?

This has been fixed in the development version  of Lucene. It's already
quite stable, so I suggest to try it (needs to be checked out from SVN).

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de