Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ray Johnson <Ra...@ingenio.com> on 2004/04/20 17:44:18 UTC

Standard diff tools for Subversion on Windows

It looks like Subversion doesn't come with graphical tools to do diffs.
(Yet, I hope?)  However, it does have hooks to support other diff tools.
Are there any recommended tools to use here?  The docs do list a couple
- but I wasn't sure if those recommendations for Unix or both Windows
and Unix.

Will WinDiff from MS Visual Studio play well with Subversion?

Ray

Re: Standard diff tools for Subversion on Windows

Posted by Brian Mathis <bm...@directedge.com>.
If you use TortoiseSVN on Windows, it comes with a wonderful
diff/merging tool.  If you're on Windows, you'll probably want to look
at TortoiseSVN anyway, for full Windows integration of svn.

--
Brian Mathis
http://directedge.com/b/

Re: Standard diff tools for Subversion on Windows

Posted by Barry Scott <ba...@barrys-emacs.org>.
At 20-04-2004 18:44, Ray Johnson wrote:

>It looks like Subversion doesn't come with graphical tools to do
>diffs.  (Yet, I hope?)  However, it does have hooks to support
>other diff tools.  Are there any recommended tools to use here?  The docs
>do list a couple - but I wasn't sure if those recommendations for Unix or
>both Windows and Unix.
>
>Will WinDiff from MS Visual Studio play well with Subversion?
>
>Ray

My WorkBench GUI has graphical diff, (does within-line  and between-line
diffs, outlining) and runs on Windows and Unix
would that help you? You can get an installation kit from
http://pysvn.tigris..org.

Barry