Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net> on 2008/12/29 01:29:16 UTC

[VOTE] Accept Cassandra into the Incubator (Summary)

After 5 days, the following is the vote summary of the binding votes
(apologies if I missed your vote in advance).

+1: (5) Brian, Ian, Otis, Dims, Emmanuel
+0: (2) Bertrand, Torsten
-1: (1) Niclas

?: Jason, Martijn, Matthieu (commented but no vote)

The only concern on the voting process was that it was started on the
23rd (GMT) and that people were not given enough time. I extended the
vote for 2 more days to help alleviate that.

I'll leave it up to the PMC/board if they consider this sufficient, as
they can invalidate the vote on those grounds (possibly others that i'm
not aware of too).

I would like to say In defense of the vote, that of the people who
discussed the Cassandra proposal since it was proposed on the 2nd, only
two (Paul & Roland) have not voted/commented. According to my notes,
only Paul has a binding vote and has been active on other apache threads
during the period that the vote was being held.

Regards
Ian

Re: [VOTE] Accept Cassandra into the Incubator (Summary)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
+1

Brian's response clarified the situation for me.

On 28-Dec-08, at 7:29 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> After 5 days, the following is the vote summary of the binding votes
> (apologies if I missed your vote in advance).
>
> +1: (5) Brian, Ian, Otis, Dims, Emmanuel
> +0: (2) Bertrand, Torsten
> -1: (1) Niclas
>
> ?: Jason, Martijn, Matthieu (commented but no vote)
>
> The only concern on the voting process was that it was started on
> the 23rd (GMT) and that people were not given enough time. I
> extended the vote for 2 more days to help alleviate that.
>
> I'll leave it up to the PMC/board if they consider this sufficient,
> as they can invalidate the vote on those grounds (possibly others
> that i'm not aware of too).
> I would like to say In defense of the vote, that of the people who
> discussed the Cassandra proposal since it was proposed on the 2nd,
> only two (Paul & Roland) have not voted/commented. According to my
> notes, only Paul has a binding vote and has been active on other
> apache threads during the period that the vote was being held.
>
> Regards
> Ian

Jason

Jason van Zyl