Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by vkoratek <vk...@digitas.com> on 2008/10/24 19:03:04 UTC

ajax does not work in IE6 when using domain name. but works with IP

website runs on apache+resin 3.1.5 and wicket 1.3.3. Load balancer exists.

Specifics of the problem are-
1. customer accesses the site from inside their company's network, have a
problem.
2. Customer uses IE6.
3. Problem occurs when customer uses domain name.
4. No problem seen when IP address of the website is used.
5. Problem is that none of the ajax pieces works.  java  class throws an npe
for AjaxRequestTarget object.

When i view the source code, i do see these lines-
<script
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.markup.html.WicketEventReference/wicket-event.js"
type="text/javascript">
and
<script
src="resources/org.apache.wicket.ajax.WicketAjaxReference/wicket-ajax.js"
type="text/javascript">

What is it that IE screws up when domain name is used vs using the IP
address of either of the 2 prod servers?

Re: ajax does not work in IE6 when using domain name. but works with IP

Posted by vkoratek <vk...@digitas.com>.

Any suggestions on this problem please?

Posted by vkoratek <vk...@digitas.com>.
I agree. I should have double checked prior to posting . I totally understand
your concerns about having duplicate threads about the same subject..

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vkoratek <vk...@digitas.com>.
Igor:

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.