Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Eric Tschetter <ec...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/01 23:48:21 UTC

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Curator 2.1.0-incubating

What's the status of this? :)

I'm watching this to learn the process of how this stuff is supposed to go,
so pardon my denseness, but I'm guessing that we are waiting on Jordan to
send a message to the general list to make sure that nobody has any
objections.  As long as nobody has any objections, then we move forward
with actually really releasing an artifact.

Is that correct?

--Eric

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Right. First there's a min 72hrs vote on the dev@ list to let the
community decide if it's ready to go (PPMC votes are binding). Once
that is agreed to, and a min of 72 hrs pass, then a new vote thread is
started on general@incubator.apache.org. Once 3+ IPMC members have
signed off (total, votes during the initial dev@ vote by IPMC members
(typically mentors) count towards this total) and another min 72 hrs
pass the release is approved. See those two links for more details on
the mechanics.

Patrick

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
Yes, that is part of the process for an Apache incubator project. Once a
project leaves incubation, then it's only the votes on the curator lists
that need to be completed satisfactorily for a release to commence.

Posted by Eric Tschetter <ec...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.