Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ol...@zurich.ch> on 2004/10/29 15:40:13 UTC

documentation, chapter 10.2, web services

I've read the following in the online documentation in chapter 10.2:
" .NET webservices are document centric, whereas Java webservices tend to
be RPC centric. Neither approach is perfect and each has limitations."

I can't agree on this because RPC is proprietary (see WS-I Basic Profile
1.0) whereas document is not. It's known for almost two years that soap
section 5 will go away once because we do have xml schemas and therefore
rpc is not needed anymore.

Regards
Oliver

******************* BITTE BEACHTEN *******************
Diese Nachricht (wie auch allfällige Anhänge dazu) beinhaltet
möglicherweise vertrauliche oder gesetzlich geschützte Daten oder
Informationen. Zum Empfang derselben ist (sind) ausschliesslich die
genannte(n) Person(en) bestimmt. Falls Sie diese Nachricht
irrtümlicherweise erreicht hat, sind Sie höflich gebeten, diese unter
Ausschluss jeder Reproduktion zu zerstören und die absendende Person
umgehend zu benachrichtigen. Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe.

Re: documentation, chapter 10.2, web services

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
"not needed anymore" doesn't mean that IBM and Sun will magically
rollover. Looking at JWSDP and IBM's webservices toolkit, both of them
favor RPC style soap webservices. I think it's a cultural issue with
Sun and IBM.

it has very little to do with specifications. I see benefits of each
benefits of both approaches and don't believe it makes any sense to
lock myself to one way.

I wrote the webservice sampler and the documentation. the intent was
to point out the differences without getting into a religious battle.
I'll look at it and clean up the language a bit.

peter