Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2022/08/04 08:50:54 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] change the name of the framework to "Causeway"

Hi folks,

The result of the vote [1] to change the name of the framework are:

+7  Andi Huber, Dan Haywood, Oscar Bou, Joerg Rade, Johan Doornenbal, Mark
Struberg, Rob Matthews

No other votes were received (the vote was open for 20 days).

The vote is therefore passed - *the PMC has confirmed that it would like to
change the name of the framework to "Apache Causeway".*

~~
I believe the next step is for the trademarks team at ASF to review our
trademark search [2].  I'll start that process first.  Note that the
conversation with trademarks happens on a private list.  I'll cc
private@isis.apache.org so that PMC members are aware of the correspondence.

Assuming that is navigated ok, we can then start thinking about the tasks
needed to actually make the change.  Another project did similarly and have
a very comprehensive ticket for this [3], so will look to use that as a
guide.  But let's do trademarks first.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/twr9dw8vckdnv3mlzmzl8cpyqk7l3m3t
[2] https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html#searchresults
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/POLYGENE-195