Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "A. Alonso Dominguez" <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/09 20:15:40 UTC

Maven2 JAXB 2.0 Plugin

Hi there,

I would like to donate to maven a new plugin which I had developed for a
project which needed it.
The plugin name is "maven-jaxb-plugin" and it allows to maven generate Java
classes from XML schemas and to generate XML files from java packages.

So it's a maven frontend for the Sun's tools xjc and schemagen of the new
JAXB reference implementation 2.0.

I would like to give this plugin to the maven community because JAXB is an
standard api (bundled in JavaEE 5 and the future
JDK 6) and I think many other users would like to use this standard feature
rather than fallback in thirdparty implementations.

If someone of you also think that plugin should be included with the
standard maven plugins, please respond to this message,
I will give this plugin without any costs.

Regards,
Alonso

Re: Maven2 JAXB 2.0 Plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 9 Dec 06, at 2:15 PM 9 Dec 06, A. Alonso Dominguez wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I would like to donate to maven a new plugin which I had developed
> for a
> project which needed it.
> The plugin name is "maven-jaxb-plugin" and it allows to maven
> generate Java
> classes from XML schemas and to generate XML files from java packages.
>
> So it's a maven frontend for the Sun's tools xjc and schemagen of
> the new
> JAXB reference implementation 2.0.
>
> I would like to give this plugin to the maven community because
> JAXB is an
> standard api (bundled in JavaEE 5 and the future
> JDK 6) and I think many other users would like to use this standard
> feature
> rather than fallback in thirdparty implementations.
>
> If someone of you also think that plugin should be included with the
> standard maven plugins, please respond to this message,
> I will give this plugin without any costs.

We already have one here:

http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/jaxb2-maven-plugin/

Sync up with the people on the dev@mojo.codehaus.org lists.

Jason.