Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/27 17:13:22 UTC

Re: Numbers automatically advance in spreadsheet columns

Hello David,

Have you tried,
- select cell
- grab cell handle at bottom right with mouse left click and hold
- press and hold Ctrl key
- drag mouse

That will produce a column that repeats the number in the highlighted cell.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 1:08 PM David Deeks <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have been an Open Office user for many years, but only recently
> discovered this group, and have already learned a couple of things!
>
> I am hoping however that someone can help with a specific and longstanding
> problem with numbers in spreadsheet columns. If I have a cell with a number
> in that I want repeated down the column, I would love to able to simply
> highlight the cell and drag down the column. The problem is that in each
> line the numbers always increase by 1. This is useful of course sometimes,
> but not always! I have tried all formats, including text etc, and feel as
> though I’ve looked through every menu - but cannot find how to stop it
> doing this. I am sure there must be a way?
>
> Thanks
>
> David Deeks

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Numbers automatically advance in spreadsheet columns

Posted by "WA.TWORSX via AOL" <wa...@verizon.net.INVALID>.
TNX Alan:

I had experienced same as David did; now I know that I must hold Ctrl
key to repeat the number while dragging the mouse pointer.

Regards, and please ALL, stay safe.

VinceB.