Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by PEti <pe...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/19 22:26:11 UTC

Feedback:netui/tutorial.html

Greetings!

I have a few comments to the last 2 steps of the tutorial. I am
totally beginner, I have read only the installation and the tutorial
so far, but I think I found some mistakes.

Step 8: Collect Data from a Nested Page Flow
To Launch and Return from the Nested Page Flow
web/myFlow/Controller.java
  I think the following code should be in bold too:
        validatableProperties = {
            @Jpf.ValidatableProperty(
                propertyName = "name",
                displayName = "Name",
                validateRequired = @Jpf.ValidateRequired(),
                validateMaxLength = @Jpf.ValidateMaxLength(chars = 30)),
            @Jpf.ValidatableProperty(
                propertyName = "age",
                displayName = "Age",
                validateRequired = @Jpf.ValidateRequired(),
                validateRange = @Jpf.ValidateRange(minInt = 1, maxInt = 130))
        }
  and I miss the following line from the processData method:
    fwd.addActionOutput("sport", form.getSport());

Step 9: Adding Actions to a Shared Flow
To Create a Common Destination JSP
help.jsp
Either it should be in the web directory or the path in the
SharedFlow.java should be relative.

As I found in the SharedFlow.java the shared flow controller class
should be declared in the Controller.java with the code
  sharedFlowRefs={
        @Jpf.SharedFlowRef(name="shared", type=shared.SharedFlow.class)
    }
inside the Jpf.Controller annotation.

I hope you find my e-mail helpful.

PEti / SPA / eSPeA

Re: Feedback:netui/tutorial.html

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Good catch and thank you for reporting the tutorial issues.

I think the extra declarative validation in the Controller.java was an
editing error. The log on the tutorial shows that it was changed to place
the validation annotations on the form bean and remove it from the
controller. It appears it was removed further up in the tutorial but not in
step 8.

I noticed some other problems as well. I will log a bug in JIRA and get the
changes and into SVN.

Kind regards,
Carlin