Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2013/02/20 17:46:22 UTC

timeout is now requested to be on all tests

Sorry about cross posting, but this will impact all developers and I wanted to give you all a heads-up.

HADOOP-9112<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9112> was just checked it.  This means that the pre commit build will now give a –1 for any patch with junit tests that do not include a timeout option.  See http://junit.sourceforge.net/javadoc/org/junit/Test.html for more info on that.  This is to avoid surefire timing out junit when it gets stuck and not giving any real feedback on which test failed.

--Bobby

Re: timeout is now requested to be on all tests

Posted by Surenkumar Nihalani <su...@me.com>.
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Due to this change, I have introduced a bug.

It's returning opposite value of what it's supposed to.
So, +1 of all tests you change brings up a -1 overall and vice versa.

I have reopened HADOOP-9112 and uploaded the patch to reverse to reverse to the correct return values. Once a committer goes ahead with, it will be corrected.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Surenkumar Nihalani.

Posted by Surenkumar Nihalani <su...@me.com>.