Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Dick Davies <di...@hellooperator.net> on 2014/12/03 18:46:48 UTC

dockerized spark executor on mesos?

Just wondered if anyone had managed to start spark
jobs on mesos wrapped in a docker container?

At present (i.e. very early testing) I'm able to submit executors
to mesos via spark-submit easily enough, but they fall over
as we don't have a JVM on our slaves out of the box.

I can push one out via our CM system if push comes to shove,
 but it'd be nice to have that as part of the job (I'm thinking it might
be a way to get some of the dependencies deployed too).

bear in mind I'm a total clueless newbie at this so please be gentle
if I'm doing this completely wrong.

Thanks!

Re: dockerized spark executor on mesos?

Posted by Dick Davies <di...@hellooperator.net>.
Oh great, thanks Tim - I'll give that a whirl then.

A Spark rollout isn't in our immediate future, I'm just looking for a good
framework for compute alongside our marathon deployment. So a good
time to experiment!

Posted by Dick Davies <di...@hellooperator.net>.

Posted by Tim Chen <ti...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Dick,

Posted by Kyle Ellrott <ke...@soe.ucsc.edu>.

Posted by Kyle Ellrott <ke...@soe.ucsc.edu>.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Chen <ti...@mesosphere.io>.
Just throwing this out here, there is existing PR to add docker support for
spark framework to launch executors with docker image.

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/3074

Hopefully this will be merged sometime.

Tim

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.