Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2019/05/04 01:04:37 UTC

[VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.10 release candidate (RC0) is available

The first HBase 1.4.10 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.10RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1310 .

The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '1.4.10RC0' (8a597e477e).

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.10RC0/compat-check-report.html
. There are no reported compatibility issues of concern. The changes to
Public annotated class MultiRowRangeFilter are reported as low impact by
the compatibility checker tool and were discussed and allowed on
HBASE-22215.

A list of the 57 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/7gSD .

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try to
close it Friday May 19, 2019 if we have sufficient votes.

Prior to making this announcement I made the following preflight checks:

    RAT check passes (7u80)
    Unit test suite passes 5/5 (7u80, 8u172)
    LTT load 100M rows with 100% verification and 20% updates (8u181)

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.10 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thank you, I will follow up on those issues.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.10 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.10 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
-1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.10 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
not sure if this vote is sunk but here goes:

vote: 1.4.10 RC0
  +1 (non-binding)

  // using hbase-vote script
  * Signature: ok
          * Checksum : ok
          * Rat check (1.8.0_212): ok
           - mvn clean apache-rat:check
          * Built from source (1.8.0_212): ok
           - mvn clean install -DskipTests

  installed on pseudodistributed hadoop 2.8.5: ok
  installed Phoenix 4.14.2RC2 and ran built-in scripts to load data: ok
  hbase shell: ok
  logs: ok
  UI: ok

unfortunately I cannot run tests on my machine in acceptable time.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank you both

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.