Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hill Karimov <hi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/31 12:29:57 UTC

create new Violation: xmlForm

Hi all,

Question about xmlForm:
I want create new Violation and add it to Form.
What I do, here is snatch from my wizard action:
  public Map perform () {
    VendorPhoneCard jBean = (VendorPhoneCard)
getForm().getModel();
    if ( ... some validation ... ) {
      Violation newViolation  = new Violation();
      newViolation.setMessage("New Error");
      newViolation.setPath("/card");
      List list = null;
      list.add( newViolation );
      getForm().addViolations( list );
    }
    if ( getForm().getViolations () != null &&
!getFormView().equals( VIEW_CONFIRM ) ) {

I get :
java.lang.NullPointerException at
tsi.cocoon.xmlform.vendor.VendorProductWizardAction.perform(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractXMLFormAction.act(AbstractXMLFormAction.java:265)
at
tsi.cocoon.xmlform.vendor.VendorProductWizardAction.act(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTypeNode.java:139)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
at

What is wrong?

Any advises, help or tips,
Thanks a lot,
Hill

Re: create new Violation: xmlForm

Posted by Hill Karimov <hi...@yahoo.com>.
Yes it works.
Thanks.

One more thing:
What about if no path, i.e. if violation for all form
not only one object.
Can I use empty path, or there is correct way?
      getForm().addViolations( AddViolation("/", "new
Error") );

Thanks a lot.
Hill

Posted by Andrew Timberlake <an...@timberlake.co.za>.
Hill

Firstly, the error is in the line
List list = null;
You need to initialise the list to something.
You are calling list.add(... in the following line.

I use the following method:

private List AddViolation(String path, String message)
{
     Violation violation = new Violation();
     violation.setPath(path);
     violation.setMessage(message);